The dotloop and iCloud integration will synchronize your People and Participants from dotloop to your iCloud account. The integration has 3 Syncs available, to Sync dotloop People, Loop Participants into iCloud and also to Sync iCloud Contacts back into dotloop People.
- All of your iPhone and iPad Contacts are available in dotloop ready for quick, easy access to create a new loop
- Updated Prospects and Clients names will be displayed through caller ID and texts
- Keep dotloop contacts info in lock step with your iCloud Contacts info.
Checkout the video above to see it in action.
If you'd prefer to read through a guide, here's a step-by-step:
To get started, head to https://my.apination.com/apps/dotloop/icloud_contacts
You will see 3 syncs available for dotloop and iCloud.
- dotloop People to iCloud - Syncs general contacts from dotloop to iCloud
- dotloop Participants - Syncs loop participants with richer information to iCloud
- iCloud Contacts to dotloop - Syncs contacts into dotloop
You can set up 1, 2, or all three of these Syncs for the same flat rate. Click activate to begin set up.
After clicking Activate on one of the Syncs you’ll be asked to Connect dotloop, click the button, Sign in, and follow the prompts to Allow API Nation to sync information to your account.
Once dotloop is connected, you can now connect iCloud. Click the “Connect iCloud Account” button.
To connect iCloud, you’ll need your Apple ID, and an app-specific-password. There are links on this form to guides to create your app-specific-password.
1. To create the app-specific-password, open a new tab and go to https://appleid.apple.com/
2. Sign in with your Apple ID and related password.
3. It will ask you for Two Factor Authentication. Check your iPhone, iPad, or Macbook for the 6 digit code.
4. Once signed in, click on the tile for “App-Specific Passwords”
5. Click Generate, Add a name (e.g. API Nation) and then click “Create”
6. Once you’ve created the password, highlight it and press cmd+c or ctrl+c to copy.
Go back to the API Nation tab in your browser, and paste the password in using cmd+v or ctrl+v
Once you’ve connected iCloud, you can now begin configuring your Sync for launch.
One of the first options on the dotloop People to iCloud sync is to “Sync all People”. Check the box to send over all contacts from dotloop People, leave the box unchecked if you’d only like to start sending over new contacts added from today going forward.
Scroll down to mapping. Click the field from dotloop, and then the corresponding field on the right for iCloud to match up where the contact info will Sync to.
Once you’re satisfied with the Mapping, Scroll to the top and click the big Activate Sync button.
You can then go back to: https://my.apination.com/apps/dotloop/icloud_contacts to set up your choice of the remaining dotloop and iCloud Syncs.Once you’ve connected them, they will all be available for management in the “My Syncs” area of API Nation.
As soon as a contact is updated or added to a loop, or the contacts area of dotloop, the integration will see it and send it over to your iPhone. And as soon as you add a client to your iPhone phone book, that client will also be added into dotloop.
Your Caller ID info will always be up to date, your contacts are completely backed up, and you’ll save time creating loops.