Adding documents directly to a placeholder is helpful when you are adding flat PDFs from an email or your desktop to the placeholder. Document placeholders can also serve helpful reminders of documents you'll need for a transaction
If your company provides loop templates, you may see document placeholders in some loops that you've created using a loop template. An example of these types of placeholders include earnest money receipts and inspection reports. Begin by opening a loop with a placeholder.
Placeholders appear as gray text and their checkboxes are disabled.
The status is located to the far left of the placeholder title. It may say "Optional" or "Required".
Select Computer or Templates from the dropdown menu.
If you select Computer
You are promoted to add a file using the Browse option.
If you select Templates
A new window will appear and allow you to add a document from templates.
You may also drag and drop a document already in the loop on top of the placeholder to update it.
Done! You have updated your placeholder and the document will appear in its place.
There are a few things to note:
- You can only add one file to the placeholder.
- The name of the placeholder will override the name of the document, use the activity log for the “REPLACED PLACEHOLDER” status to find out the previous name of the doc.
- The status of the document will change to PDF if it has been moved to a different folder. If the placeholder is marked REQUIRED, we will bold the word PDF. The status will also change to Not SUBMITTED.
- Lastly, if you have submitted a folder for review to your office and move one of those submitted documents to another folder, then the document will no longer be submitted. If you wish to submit this document again, simply move it into the desired folder and submit that folder for review again!
- If you are replacing a placeholder that is REQUIRED, the document's status changes from REQUIRED to NOT SUBMITTED, because replacing counts as an update to a REQUIRED document.
- You may create your own placeholders in the Templates section. Open a folder in Documents and use the 3 vertical dots next to Add a Document to create a placeholder. You can import placeholders into a loop the same way you add document templates.
- Use placeholders with interactive documents or flat PDFs as necessary.
|< Previous Lesson||Next Lesson >|