Loop tasks can help you stay organized and on time. Tasks provide you with an itemized to-do list that can alert yourself or others when certain tasks must be completed. Each of these lists can be created within your loop or loaded from preset templates created by you or your office.
Within each loop, you will see the section labeled Tasks which, in most cases, will default to the bottom of your loop. By default, you have two options: Add Task List, or Load Template.
Option 1. Add Task List
Click on the Add tasks heading.
A new task list will be created, named “My Tasks”. Click on the overflow icon to the right of the task list and click on the Rename option. Rename your list and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard to save.
Option 2. Load Template
Your company or team may provide pre-made task templates for you to use, or you may create your own (learn how to create task templates here). Click on the Load Template link.
Select one or more task lists from the Load task list window, then click the Add button.
Click on the Add a Task… field to start typing a task. Hit the Enter key on your keyboard to commit the text. Continue this until all tasks are added.
Click on the overflow icon to the right of any task you wish to rename or delete and choose the appropriate option.
To the right of each task, click on the link to set a due date for each task, as well as assign the task to a specific person if needed. You can assign the task to yourself or other people who are part of the loop by clicking on "NO ONE" in the same dropdown. After the due date and person is assigned to the task, that person will be notified daily of upcoming tasks that need to be completed.
Note: If you’ve edited your notification settings in My Account, you may not receive daily task reminders via email, but can still view all your upcoming and completed tasks in the global Tasks section of your account, located in the icons on the upper right when logged in.
As you move through your task list, check off what you have completed by selecting the checkbox to the left of each task. Completed tasks will gray out and move to the bottom of your list.
Now that you have your first task list in your loop, at the top of the Tasks section will be the option to move your list to the top of the loop, as well as a button to create a new list.
- Tasks can be reordered in any list you have created by clicking and dragging the task to the position you wish to add it. Once done it's complete, no need to save!
- You can add lists of tasks, assign them to anyone in the loop, and even set up due dates to email them reminders.
- You can access your task lists while in documents by clicking Show Tasks in the More dropdown. A separate window appears within the document where you can move the list around, resize it, and check off the tasks as you complete them.
- You will see an Activity Log entry when someone has added a task list to your loop, including who added the list.
- Any document that is archived will have its corresponding task removed from the loop task list.
|< Previous Lesson||Next Lesson >|