As a client, utilizing dotloop will allow you keep your files backed up for reference at any time. To do so, you will need to first create a dotloop account. Once created, if you need to modify any of the information on the account you can do so in just a few easy steps!
Creating a dotloop account
Creating your own dotloop account is a simple and easy process that takes no time at all. By having your own account, you will have the benefits of always having access to any document shared with you, as well as being able to go in to your account directly to sign any document that has been shared to you.
Note: a great benefit of creating your own account is that if you are having trouble finding an email in regards to viewing or signing a document, you can go into your account to find the loop and sign any documents that are waiting on you!
Step 1: Open dotloop in your web browser
Open your web browser and in the address bar type in www.dotloop.com
Step 2: Click the Sign Up Free button
You will be directed to the dotloop homepage, where you will click on the Sign Up Free button (be sure sure to navigate to the homepage and scroll through to see all the great features dotloop offers!).
Step 3: Fill out the sign up form
You will now be presented with the sign up window where you will fill out the following fields:
- Email address - Make sure you create your dotloop account with the same email address that your agent is using to send documents to.
- Password - You password must contain 10 characters, lower case letters, uppercase letters, and numbers.
Step 4: Keep your account safe
You will be presented with two options to secure your account by enrolling a One Time Password Authenticator app or by entering your phone number to receive Text Messages or Voice Calls containing a confirmation code.
The most secure option is to scan the QR code using your preferred authenticator app. Then you will need to enter the one-time code and click Continue.
Learn more about the authenticator apps that are available if you don’t already use one.
If you prefer to use your phone number instead of an authenticator app you can click ‘Try another method’. Here you can enter your phone number to receive an enrollment code. Using your phone number allows you to receive the code via text message or phone call.
NOTE: If you are using a non-US phone number you can click on the arrow to the right of the Uniter States to select your country code.
Here's an example of the enrollment code you will receive via text message.
Step 5: Verify your identity
Now you have created our dotloop account! The next thing to do is go to open your email inbox and there will be an email that says Verify your identity.
Note: if you are having trouble finding this email, check your junk or spam folder within your email.
Step 6: Click the verification button in the email
Open the email and click on the Verify email button.
Step 7: Your account is now verified
Your account will now be verified. The web browser will automatically direct you to your account and any loops shared with you will be waiting!
Changing name and email
Step 1: Changing your name
- While inside of dotloop, but not inside of a document, there will be icons in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- The icon that is on the very right is a circle with your initials. Click on that icon.
- From that drop down list, click on the words My account.
- On the right side of the window you will see the Personal information area. In this area, you will see fields containing First name, Last name, Esign name, and Esign intitals.
- Changing the first name and last name fields will change the way your name is displayed in dotloop, but it will not change your signature or initials. Changing the esign name and esign initials will change what name you sign and initial with.
- You can click into any of those fields and re-type whatever you need to. Once you have made any desired changes, you will scroll to the bottom of the window and, on the right hand side, click the Save button.
Step 2: Changing your email
- Where your email address displays, you have the ability to change the email address on your account. To make the change, type the new email address, and scroll to the bottom of the window and click Save. This will now prompt a bar at the top of the page that says Contact information updated successfully. This will now send an email to the new email address to verify the change.
- Open the email and click on the blue button that says Verify email. Once you click on the verify email button, you will be taken to dotloop and your email will be changed.
Step 3: Things to look out for
- Once you create a password, your dotloop account is yours and only you can change your information. If an agent needs your name to be changed, it is up to you to change your name and or email.
- Your display name in dotloop can be different from your esignature and einitials. An example would be if you needed your display name to be the name of a business, but you need to sign with your own name.
- Always check any spam settings within your email if you are attempting to change your email, but have not received a verification email.