If you are invited to a dotloop transaction because someone shared documents with you and you're not a regular dotloop user, you may have some question about what to do. Let's walk through how to utilize dotloop to quickly share a document to your client(s) that was sent to you by another agent. We'll break this down into a few steps.
- Receiving dotloop invitation/signing up
- Setting up my document for my client to sign
- Sharing the document to my client
- Navigating the loop
- Next Steps
Receiving dotloop invitation/signing up
- If you are only receiving a copy of the document from the agent, you can print or download the document(s) without creating an account.
- Simply click the "x" at the top right of the popup to close it and view the document
- Click the overflow icon, appearing as 3 vertical dots, in the top right corner of your screen
- Click Download/Print to save or print the document as a PDF
- If you are signing off on a document, you have the option to sign and share the document back without creating an account.
- Simiply click the "x" at the top right of the popup to close it and view the document
- Click the flashing Start Signing button in the top right of the screen and follow the prompts
- When you're finished, click the Finish Signing button to return it to the sender
- When prompted to sign up for an account, you may again click the "x" to close the popup.
- If you need to edit or fill fields in, it is recommended you create a dotloop account so that you can save your work. Continue to the next step.
Setting up my document for my client to sign
Once you have signed up, you will either be taken to the document or the loop if more than one document was sent. If you are taken to the loop, click on a document to open it.
Once the box is selected, a menu bar will appear at the top of the page, and on the left you will see a dropdown that reads ASSIGNED TO ______. This will often say “assigned to no one”.
The field will be automatically assigned to the client added and you will now notice their name listed in the “assign to” dropdown to easily assign to more fields.
Note: each client must have their own, unique email address in order to sign via dotloop.
Sharing the document to my client
Once your document is set up and all signature and initial fields are assigned to your client(s), you are ready to share it with them.
Once you've shared the document, dotloop will notify you with a yellow banner at the top of the window.
Navigating the Loop
A loop is an online transaction workspace, usually denoted by the address you are working on or a custom name like the clients’ name.
Here’s a breakdown of the sections of the loop:
- Menu Bar: this is where you can access the different areas of the dotloop site, as denoted by the icons. You can access your loops, contacts, profile, and much more here. Hover your mouse over the icon at the top right for a dropdown showing you how to finish setting up your profile and find your member id.
- Loop Information: this section shows the name of your loop, its transaction type, loop status, as well as a link to view the property details.
- Documents: in this section, you can add and manage documents and folders in your loop.
- People: this section lists all the people you are working with on the transaction. Here you can add, edit, and remove people in the loop, as well as set their role.
- Tasks: here you can add lists of tasks, assign them to anyone in the loop, and even set up due dates to email them reminders.
- Footer: this section is where you can find important information on dotloop. The HELP CENTER link will allow you to quickly access are training materials and FAQ. Also be sure to note that this is where your member ID is located in case you ever need to call us.
Now that you've successfully shared a document to your client, here are some helpful articles to get you started with dotloop!
Agent Training: Follow these 6 articles to learn how to utilize dotloop as a real estate agent
Client Signing: This guide will walk you and you clients through signing their documents on dotloop
Webinar Signup: Sign up for one of our free interactive webinars