A task template is simply a reusable Task List, which is a group of tasks. These can be created by a user (agent) and loaded to any loop they create, or created by an admin (broker) and be shared with their entire office. As an agent your task lists that you have created are your own personal lists that are only accessible by you, but any admin created task list can be shared down to everyone in the office, but are only editable by an admin.
To create your own task template, let's first navigate to the TEMPLATES section of your account.
Once here, click on the TASKS section on the left menu.
Here we will see any task lists we have already. You will see any you have created, as well as any created by a brokerage admin if you are connected to an office. To create a new one, click + TASK LIST.
First, we will name our task list.
Now, click ADD A TASK... to start adding tasks to the list, hitting enter (or return) on your keyboard when you are done typing the task name.
Each task you make in your list can be removed or renamed by clicking on the options icon to the right of each task.
We also can manage the options of the entire list on the left, clicking on the options icon for the list itself. You will be presented with a few options here.
- Rename: this will allow you to rename the task list.
- Delete: this deletes the entire task list (and cannot be undone).
- Hide from team by default: this option will hide the task list from anyone in your loop that would normally have access to view it (i.e. people who are listed as on my team in a loop, such as people you have added to your team or admins).
- Lock by default: this allows anyone on your team in a loop to be able to see your task list, but not be able to edit it.
The tasks within our task templates that we create can by default be assigned to a specific person when it is brought into a loop. We can also set up specific due dates as well for each task.
These options are found for each task in our list via the down arrow on the right side.
To assign a task to a person, click on where it shows ASSIGNED TO. In this case, I am clicking on where it says NO ONE.
I will now be able to assign this task to myself, no one, or I can add a person to assign the task to. We will note that in assigning a task to a person, they will be added to the loop each time this task list is added, and this loop will be added to their account notifying them that they have a task to complete.
Selecting a due date for the task can be done within the same menu. We can select a specific time frame here, or choose to make the task due after another task on the list has been completed.
As an agent you may notice that you have some task lists on your account already. These task lists have been set up for you by your company and can be used within your loops. Since these are set up by your office, they will not be editable (you will see the lists, but no icons to edit anything within them).
- Tasks can be re-ordered in any list you have created by clicking and dragging the task to the position you wish to add it. Once done it's complete, no need to save!