When documents are submitted to dotloop for setup, they are subject to rejection on legal and functional basis. Below are the guidelines for these restrictions.
Legal Restrictions – the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The DMCA prevents dotloop from editing the content and impacting the integrity of a submitted document in anyway. All changes must be done before submitting to dotloop. (https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf) The edit category prohibits dotloop from:
- Splitting up a PDF;
- Arranging pages;
- Merging documents;
- Changing wording, font, or spacing on a document;
- Adding logos.
1. Ziplogix copyright information: This is usually found in the footer of a document on one or more pages.
2. Documents submitted with copyright information pertaining to the exclusive by an individual or in a system other than dotloop will be rejected:
- A. Accepted
- B. Also accepted but we cannot cover a prefilled name with a text box
- C. Rejected: states can only be used by Realcomp Subscribers
3. Packets of contracts: When multiple contracts are submitted as a single PDF document, we will reject it and request that the user split each contract into a separate PDF file. If multiple contracts make up a single PDF, they cannot be separated once they are interactive.
Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf), splitting up a PDF, arranging pages, or merging documents all fall under the edit category and dotloop is prohibited from doing so on behalf of the user.
4. Corrupt PDF: If a PDF is unreadable in any way, we will reject it. This includes lines cutting through text, unreadable text, and overlapping images.
5. Transaction Specific Information: If a document contains any information specific to a contract such as property address, client names/information, etc., dotloop will not cover it with blank fields. Please ensure that any space requiring an interactive field is clear of any preexisting content. Text such as the submitting brokerage name/contact information is okay, but we recommend a blank document for consistent appearance.
6. Submitted in a folder other than docspot: All blank documents should be submitted in the docspot folder. If you have more documents to submit after already submitting a project, please create a new folder named docspot 2 and place the documents in there. Any documents submitted in any other folder (Listing folder, Buying folder, Master folder, etc.) will be automatically rejected.
- All contracts/forms should be in a separate PDF file, not merged into one.
- All pages on the PDF file should follow the same upright orientation.
- Content on the PDF cannot be covered up or altered in any way. Please ensure that any space requiring and interactive field is clear of any preexisting content.