Private documents are a great way for any admin to privately share a document directly to an agent. These documents will only be able to be viewed by admins with the MANAGE PRIVATE DOCUMENTS admin rights and the recipient, not even other admin without this permission will be able to view the documents! This is a great feature for sharing sensitive information, such as agent on-boarding agreements.
- Adding and setting up private documents
- When and how to use private documents
- What the recipient sees
- Pro tips/FAQ
Private documents are available to add immediately once enabled by your success manager. Once set up, you will need to have the ability to MANAGE PRIVATE DOCUMENTS enabled for your admin profile. Once enabled, you will be able to add private documents to any loop created by you from the admin profile, or within any of your agent's loops, providing you are in your admin profile.
There are many reasons one would utilize private documents, but let's provide a few examples of private documents in action. As an admin with the ability to manage private documents, you can add these documents either directly into one of your agents loops, or create your own loops directly from loops created by you in the admin profile.
Let's start with an example of adding a private document to an agent's loop. As an admin you may want to add a commission document that you want only accessible to the agent. For this example I'm going to first add a new folder to the loop so that we can keep the private document separate from the transaction documents.
Now, we'll click on the folder menu, where we can select the ADD PRIVATE DOCUMENT option.
We have two options here. We can add documents from either our templates, or our computer. For this example we'll add a document from our templates.
We'll then select the template and copy it to the loop.
Now let's open the document, ensure it is completed and assigned to our agent, and choose to share.
As we only need a signature from the agent, we'll leave the document with the CAN SIGN permission, and SHARE.
Your agent will now receive the document, and be prompted to sign. When complete, the document will be returned to you.
For our second example, let's say we need to send an agent either new hire documents, or their end of year ICA paperwork. For this, we will want to create the loop from our admin profile
Once created, we'll want to next add our agent to the loop, ensuring to select the option to Add to my team.
Once added, let's navigate to the Documents section of the loop, and click on the folder menu icon. From this menu we'll click ADD PRIVATE DOCUMENT.
Choose to add our document from your templates.
Select the template to copy to the loop.
Then open up the document to prepare it.
Once prepared, we will share the document, again with only CAN SIGN.
Once shared, the agent will receive a notification to sign the document, and once completed, it will return to you completed and signed!
After sharing a private document the recipient will receive a notification email just as a client would. This email will alert the recipent that you have requested them to sign a document. They will begin by clicking the link to VIEW DOCUMENT.
Once clicked, the signing process will start, and the recipient will click START SIGNING
at the top of the page.
They will now be taken to the first field assigned to them, in this case it is a signature field. To sign, they will click on the flashing field.
When clicking on the first field to sign, they will be asked to confirm that their signature and initials are correct. If they need to modify these, they can do so by clicking into the fields at the top and modify their signature or initials. Once ready, they will click ADOPT AND SIGN.
Alternatively, if they wish to draw their signature, they have that ability as well.
If there are any other fields that require their attention, dotloop will guide them to each field until the document is complete. Once completed, the recipient will just need to click on the flashing FINISH SIGNING button at the top. This will compelte the signing process and notify you that the document is ready!
If the document was shared with the CAN FILL & SIGN permission then once finished, the recipient will click I'M DONE at the top of the page.
- If you have shared a document in error, you can remove the share by opening the document, choosing the SHARE option, clicking on RESHARE AND MORE OPTIONS, and the hovering your mouse over the recipients name and clicking on the X on the right side to remove the share. If the recipient has yet to open the document, it will be removed from their loop. However, if they have opened the document, they will be able to view the document, but will not be able to perform any actions on the document, or see any updates.
- The recipient of a private document cannot share the document, fax the document, send a message from within the document, or submit it to review.
- Documents already in a loop cannot be made private.
- Recipients of a private document do have the ability to open, rename, make a copy, view document history, print, download, view the signature verification page, and archive.
- A private document can only be copied, and will remain private.
- You cannot copy private documents into templates.