Share Routing Templates can be created by an admin to standardize the different share routes your agents may need to use in a loop. CLICK HERE to see how agents can use Share Routing Templates.
Example Share Routes
- Admin (Needs to Review) > Buyer (Needs to Sign) > Listing Agent (Needs to View)
- This can be used for offer documents that need to be reviewed by an admin before being sent to the buyer, perfect for new agents. If no review is needed you could create a route without the admin.
- Admin (Needs to Review) > Seller (Needs to Sign)
- This can be used for listing documents that need to be reviewed by an admin before being sent to the seller, perfect for new agents. If no review is needed you could create a route without the admin.
The ability to create Share Routing Templates is only available to Team and Business+ admins.
Click on the global Templates icon.
You will need to scroll all the way down to see Share Routing.
If you already have a template created the button to create a new route will be toward the top. Click on +New Share Route.
If you haven't created a share routing template yet you will see the image above. Click on the Create Share Route button.
Type in the name of your share routing template here. Names can be based on transaction types, people involved in the route, or the documents being shared.
Click the Add button.
Here's where you can type in the description of the Share Routing Template. You can clarify which documents would be shared using the route, the steps that this route will follow, or any office/team specific details.
Start typing the role or participant to see the drop down.
NOTE: When you choose a role for a step, then anyone that has that role assigned to them in the loop will be added to the step. In the image above we can choose Seller once and if there are two sellers in the loop then they will both be added to the route.
You can also choose an individual admin for a step in the route. You would do this by typing their name and then selecting them from the dropdown.
NOTE: Just like in the previous example, if we select the role of Admin, all admins will be added to the route when the agent applies this Share Routing Template. Agents have the option to modify the route and remove recipients but if you have a large admin team it will time consuming for agents each time they use this template.
Select a permission for that recipient.
- Can Sign - Recipient can view the document(s) and sign/complete assigned fields only. Document will automatically be shared back once completed. Ideal for clients.
- Can View - Must view the document. Ideal for clients, 3rd party service providers, and agents on the other side of the teal. Dotloop users will have the options to edit a new copy of the document in private.
- Can Review - Can view the document and decide whether it should be sent to the recipients following the reviewer or returned to the sender.
Once you have the role/participant and permission selected you can type a message. This is not required but will be helpful for your agents and the document recipient(s).
Best practice is to have each role/participant in their own step but there may be instances where multiple roles/participants can be in one step.
- Add a person to this step - Having multiple people in one step means that those recipients will be notified about the document(s) at the same time. Everyone in that step will need to review/complete/sign before the document moves on to the next step.
- Add a new step - Adding a new step means that the recipients in the previous step will need to review/complete/sign the document(s) before the document is sent to the next step.
Now you can repeat steps 8-10 for the rest of the route.
If you already added messages for each recipient this step may not be necessary. This message will go to all recipients in the route.
You can click the Save button while you're working on the route or once it's complete.
When you're ready for your agents to have access to the Share Routing Templates click Make Public. CLICK HERE to learn more about how agents use Share Routing Templates.
If you need to rename, make private, or remove the Share Routing Template you can do that from the overflow icon to the right of the template.