People and contacts can be edited with ease in the mobile app! You can modify contacts within a loop, or within the people section of your account, however, it should be noted that modifying a person in one section does not modify them in the other. For example, if I edited a client's email address in the loop, that would not update that same client within my contacts.
To begin managing the people in your loop we need to first tap on the loop we are working within.
While in your loop, scroll down until you see the section labeled PEOPLE.
Tapping on the menu icon to the right of a person will display a menu with selectable options. Let's go over these options.
- EDIT - This option will allow you to edit the person within the loop. You will be able to complete actions such as editing the name, email address, role, and more when selecting this option. We will note however, that if the person has created a dotloop account you will not be able to edit any of these fields.
- INTRODUCE - Introduce will allow you to connect this person with another person in the loop. When choosing this, we will notify each party that you have introduced them, and they can now work together.
- ADD TO TEAM - Adding a person to your team allows them to have complete access to your loop, including loop details, documents, people, and tasks. This is recommended for co-op agents working together in a loop. An important note though is that once the other member accepts the invitation it cannot be undone.
- REMOVE - Choosing this will remove this person from your loop. Any fields filled or signed by that person however will remain on your documents.
- ROLE - Here we can change the role of the person in the loop.
Let's go into further detail for these options. When choosing to EDIT a person we will be presented with a window that will allow us to modify any information, including the name, email, and role.
When introducing a person, you will be presented with a list of each person in your loop that you can connect them with. Tap the check box for each person you wish to introduce them to and then select ADD. This will then send a notification email to each party that you have invited them to work together, and then they will be added to each others loop.
As explained before, you can choose to add someone to your team, but if you have done so in error, and they have not yet accepted the invitation, you can tap on the menu icon again next to their name and choose CANCEL TEAM INVITATION.
Lastly, when choosing the ROLE option, you will then be presented with a list of available roles. These roles however may change based on the transaction type chosen for the loop.
The contacts section of your account is your personal address book. When adding someone to a loop dotloop will automatically add them as a contact here the first time they are added to a loop. Once a person is added to your contacts however, you will have to navigate to this section to modify them. The contacts section is a powerful tool that can allow you to quickly connect and contact a person, and will also allow them to quickly be added to a loop once you start typing their name or email address in the add person screen in a loop.
To navigate to your contacts, tap on the people icon from your loops screen.
You will now see your list of contacts. Here you can add or modify people in this section.
Tapping on the menu icon next to a person's name will present you with the available options for the person. This menu may change based on the information you have entered for that specific person, such as email or phone number. Here we see the option to Email, Edit, or Remove this person.
If we select the Email option your device will open a new blank email to send to the person.
If we choose to Edit we will be able to add or modify this person's information. Let's add a phone number here to see the new options we will have with this person, making sure to tap Save at the top.
After adding the phone number, you will see a new option that now allows you to Call this person!