As a client, utilizing dotloop will allow you keep your files backed up for reference at any time. To do so, you will need to first create a dotloop account. Once created, if you need to modify any of the information on the account you can do so in just a few easy steps!
Creating your own dotloop account is a simple and easy process that takes no time at all. By having your own account, you will have the benefits of always having access to any document shared with you, as well as being able to go in to your account directly to sign any document that has been shared to you.
Note: a great benefit of creating your own account is that if you are having trouble finding an email in regards to viewing or signing a document, you can go into your account to find the loop and sign any documents that are waiting on you!
Step 1: Open dotloop in your web browser
Open your web browser and in the address bar type in www.dotloop.com
Step 2: Click the Get started button
You will be directed to the dotloop homepage, where you will click on the Get started button (be sure sure to navigate to the homepage and scroll through to see all the great features dotloop offers!).
Step 3: Fill out the sign up form
You will now be presented with the sign up window where you will fill out the following fields:
- Full Name - Here you will want to enter your name as it should appear in loops and as you would sign any documents.
- Your Email - Enter your email address into this field. It will be tied to your account.
Note: if someone has shared a document with you, sign up with the email address in which they are sharing documents to you.
- New Password - Here you will type in a password of your own choice. Passwords must be at least 6 characters, containing at least one number and one letter.
- Select Role - This dropdown will present you with many options for your account type. If you are a client and do not fit any of these roles then select the 'Buyer/Seller' option.
- Select State - Here you will select your state from the dropdown.
Step 4: Complete signing up
When you are done filling in all the required information click on the Sign up for free button.
Step 5: Verify your identity
Now you have created our dotloop account! The next thing to do is go to open your email inbox and there will be an email that says Verify your identity.
Note: if you are having trouble finding this email, check your junk or spam folder within your email.
Step 6: Click the verification button in the email
Open the email and click on the Verify email button.
Step 7: Your account is now verified
Your account will now be verified. The web browser will automatically direct you to your account and any loops shared with you will be waiting!
Step 1: Changing your name
- While inside of dotloop, but not inside of a document, there will be icons in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- The icon that is on the very right is a circle with your initials. Click on that icon.
- From that drop down list, click on the words My account.
- On the right side of the window you will see the Personal information area. In this area, you will see fields containing First name, Last name, Esign name, and Esign intitals.
- Changing the first name and last name fields will change the way your name is displayed in dotloop, but it will not change your signature or initials. Changing the esign name and esign initials will change what name you sign and initial with.
- You can click into any of those fields and re-type whatever you need to. Once you have made any desired changes, you will scroll to the bottom of the window and, on the right hand side, click the Save button.
Step 2: Changing your email
- Where your email address displays, you have the ability to change the email address on your account. To make the change, type the new email address, and scroll to the bottom of the window and click Save. This will now prompt a bar at the top of the page that says Contact information updated successfully. This will now send an email to the new email address to verify the change.
- Open the email and click on the blue button that says Verify email. Once you click on the verify email button, you will be taken to dotloop and your email will be changed.
Step 3: Things to look out for
- Once you create a password, your dotloop account is yours and only you can change your information. If an agent needs your name to be changed, it is up to you to change your name and or email.
- Your display name in dotloop can be different from your esignature and einitials. An example would be if you needed your display name to be the name of a business, but you need to sign with your own name.
- Always check any spam settings within your email if you are attempting to change your email, but have not received a verification email.