If you are invited to a dotloop transaction because someone shared documents with you and you're not a regular dotloop user, you may have some question about what to do. Let's walk through how to utilize dotloop to quickly share a document to your client(s) that was sent to you by another agent. We'll break this down into a few steps.
- Receiving dotloop invitation/signing up
- Setting up my document for my client to sign
- Sharing the document to my client
- Navigating the loop
- Next Steps
Your first encounter with dotloop may be in the form of an email invitation. dotloop utilizes email notifications to share information to users as well as clients, agents, brokers, or anyone else that has been shared anything in the system. In this scenario you will have received an email from another agent inviting you to view a document they have set up for you to fill out and have your clients to sign. The email will look like this:
Clicking on the blue button in the email labeled VIEW DOCUMENT will take you into the document(s) shared with you. This will open the document for you to review and edit. Most features will be locked until you have signed up, but upon clicking to interact with the document you will be immediately greeted with the sign up window. Fill out the required fields as shown below to continue. This will sign you up for your free account!
Once you have clicked sign up for free you will be taken to the document to review. You can now click inside any of the text boxes and begin typing information on the document. Continue along, filling out any necessary information, checking any check boxes, filling out any dates, etc.
Once the document is filled out, we will want to add and assign your client(s) to the appropriate fields they will need to sign or initial. In this example, you will see the signature box for the buyer is assigned to NO ONE. Let's start by clicking on that box. You'll notice once the box is selected that a menu bar will appear at the top of the page, and on the left you will see a dropdown that reads ASSIGNED TO NO BUYERS. Hover your mouse over this dropdown, and from the options presented you'll notice your buyer's name is not in the list. That's okay, we can add them by choosing ADD BUYER (note: this is the same process for sellers as well).
We will now be presented with the Add person window. Here we will fill out all appropriate information for our client. The only required information is their name, but we will want to add an email address as well so that we can she the document to them! Once all the information is filled out, click on the ADD PERSON button at the bottom right of the window.
Now that our document has been set up and all signature and initial fields are assigned to our client(s), we are ready to share it to them! At the top right of the window, click on the SAVE & SHARE button.
Here we're presented with the Share Document window. You'll notice that your client's name is already check marked. This means it's been properly set up for them to sign (as noted by the window showing 1 field assigned). Here you can also add additional people to share the document to if you wish for them to view it. When you're ready, click SHARE at the bottom right.
Now that we've shared the document, dotloop will notify you with a yellow banner at the top of the window. We can now click on the DONE button to return to the document.
Now let's check out our loop! To do so click on the back arrow at the top left of the screen.
We'll now be brought back to what is called a Loop. A loop is an online transaction workspace, usually denoted by the address you are working on. Here we'll break down the sections of the loop.
1. Menu Bar: this area is where you access the different areas of the dotloop site, as denoted by the icons. You can access your loops, contacts, profile, and much more here! Hover your mouse over the icon at the top right for a dropdown showing you how to finish setting up your profile!
2. Loop Information: This section shows the name of your loop, it's transaction type and loop status, as well as a link to view the property details.
3. Documents: In this section you can manage your documents in your loop. This is where you can add folders and documents, as well as open and manage each on in your loop.
4. People: This section lists all the people you are working with on the transaction. Here you can add, edit, and remove people in the loop, as well as set their role.
5. Tasks: Here we have our tasks. We can add lists of tasks, assign them to anyone in the loop, and even set up due dates to email them reminders!
6. Footer: This section is where you can find out important information on dotloop. The HELP CENTER link will allow you to quickly access are training materials and FAQ! Also be sure to note that this is where your member ID is located in case you ever need to call us!
Now that you've successfully shared a document to your client, here are some helpful articles to get you started with dotloop!
Agent Training: Follow these 6 articles to learn how to utilize dotloop as a real estate agent!
Client Signing: This guide will walk you and you clients through signing their documents on dotloop.
Webinar Signup: Sign up for one of our free interactive webinars!